Diametros welcomes proposals for guest-edited special issues that are timely, advance the state of the art on a contemporary philosophical problem or theme, and fit reasonably within the scope of the journal. Proposals will then be evaluated by the Editor in Chief, and a decision will be communicated shortly after. Submission Procedure
- Guest editors submit a proposal and a list of potential authors for the special issue through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Editor in Chief (EiC) will decide whether to accept, reject, or ask for revisions to the proposal. The EiC may seek further advice from editorial board members or external referees.
- If the proposal for a special issue is accepted, the guest editor(s) will be asked to circulate a call for papers.
- All final decisions made on the publication of papers for the special issue will be made by the EiC.
- The EiC asks guest editors to follow the general guidelines of Diametros https://diametros.uj.edu.pl/diametros/about/submissions
- Guest editors should find suitable reviewers for submitted manuscripts for the special issue and secure additional reports in case a report is too short to be insightful (e.g., a few sentences) or fails to properly engage with a submitted manuscript.
- All communications with reviewers should be made through the online editorial system of Diametros.
- Guest editors are also welcomed to submit manuscripts of their own for the special issue, but the EiC will identify suitable referees and decide on the guest editor’s manuscript to avoid any conflict of interest.
- Guest editors are expected to maintain a balance among the invited contributors such that there is not a disproportionate number of contributions from a single department/institution.